Community Lemonade Stand Day
Lemonade stands are a summer staple and most kids jump at the chance to host one. The school year is quickly approaching, but there’s still time to cross ‘hosting a lemonade stand’ off your summer bucket list while helping a worthy cause. Summit Dental Health is hosting a Community Lemonade Stand Day on July 30 in support of the Open Door Mission. Here are your instructions and tips for hosting a successful lemonade stand.
- Pick up a Lemonade Stand Day Kit from any Summit Dental Health location. Make sure you sign up with the front desk when you pick up your kit so we can include your location and hours on the list and map of all the lemonade stands on Saturday, July 30.
- Post on social media (RSVP for the Beat the Heat – Lemonade Stand Day Facebook event here), make fliers, make phone calls, etc., to let your friends, family and neighbors know that you will be hosting a lemonade stand on July 30 in support of the Open Door Mission. Don’t forget to tag Summit Dental Health and Open Door Mission.
- Decide how much you will charge for your lemonade. Instead of setting a price, consider asking for a free will donation. Write the price on the yellow price tag on the poster provided. Make other posters to place around your lemonade stand location to draw attention to your stand.
- Host your lemonade stand on Saturday, July 30. Post photos on social media and use hashtags: #LemonadeStandDay, #SummitGives, #BeattheHeat
- Place the donation from your lemonade stand in the provided envelope and mail it to the Open Door Mission or drop it off at any Summit Dental Health location by August 10. Here is a list of our locations and their hours.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!